Monday, February 27, 2012

I Have A New Profile On A Dating Site How Do I Start

I Have A New Profile On A Dating Site How Do I Start

READER QUESTION:

I am 65 years old and have not dated in years, not even a casual date. I am so lonely. I guess I don't turn heads anymore. I don't feel that I am that ugly. I have started my profile on one of the dating sites.

Should I write a "GRAYING'" profile? How do I start?

"-Alberta (Alabama)"

DR. WENDY WALSH'S ANSWER:


Glad you asked. There is an art to online dating. When writing your profile, be as honest and authentic as possible while still showcasing your assets. The biggest mistake is people try to be the person they think most people want. But then you end up being bland and not pleasing anyone.

It's better to appear completely unattractive to 70 percent of the men online and really attractive to 30 percent than to be moderately attractive to 100 percent. Trying to please everyone means you're not going to passionately energize anyone.

And one final thought for the over 50 crowd - your best bets for peer men are on OurTime.com. Take your photos in natural light doing the hobbies you'd like to share with a man. The photo doesn't have to be glamorous, just friendly and real.

"No counseling or psychotherapy advice: The Site does not provide psychotherapy advice. The Site is intended only for use by consumers in search of general information of interest pertaining to problems people may face as individuals and in relationships and related topics. Content is not intended to replace or serve as substitute for professional consultation or service. Contained observations and opinions should not be misconstrued as specific counseling advice."

0 comments:

Post a Comment